City and Guilds qualifications
IMPORTANT INFORMATION. This will be the last chance you will have to take the City and Guilds Millinery Course. Most of the Creative Arts City and Guilds qualifications if not all will no longer be available after 2017 registration.
I offer both the City and Guilds level 2 and level 3 qualifications in Millinery at premises on Chipping Campden’s High Street next to my retail premises. There is no level 1 so you can just jump straight to level 2 even if you have limited skills and knowledge in millinery.
The level 2 course is due to start in 2017 and will run from February through to September. The level 3 dates for 2017 will be the same as level 2 but will continue into 2018. I have decided to amalgamate the two courses.
There will be two Level 2 and Level 3 courses on offer:
- LEVEL 2 COURSE A will run over one weekend a month
- LEVEL 2 COURSE B will run over two Monday's a month
- LEVEL 3 COURSE A will run over one weekend a month
- LEVEL 3 COURSE B will run over two Monday's a month
Please specify which course you would like to enroll on when you book your place.
The price of the level 2 courses will be £1995 and the Level 3 will be £3990. You will need to pay a 25% deposit to secure your place of £498.75 along with a completed booking form for level 2 and £399 deposit for Level 3. The remainder balance is payable at the start of the course. If you would like to discuss paying by installments please get in touch via the contact page
- You will be expected to reach a certain standard in order to pass the internal and external verification, so commitment to the course is vital.
- You have a certain amount of guided learning hours given from me but self-initiated study, research and development is required and crucial in-between the class dates. homework is given at the end of the lessons and you must keep it up in order to finish the course during the scheduled dates.
- The lessons are scheduled to focus on specific study areas, so everyone can be inspired by each other.
- If for unforeseen circumstances a lesson is missed you will be required to catch up, but this can be achieved via a distance learning program if necessary or on one of the other courses.
I am one of the highest qualified teachers of millinery in the UK having the following qualifications:
- City & Guilds Millinery (levels 2, level 3 and level 3 advanced Diploma)
- PTLLS. Cert. Qualified to teach adults over age 16
- Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree in Fashion and Textile Design.
I will teach the millinery lessons personally but the Art & Design module may be taught by a highly respected and talented colleague of mine. In being one of the only tutors currently to have qualified in the level 3 ADVANCED DIPLOMA allows me to teach level 3. I have extensive experience not only in teaching millinery but also retailing and undertaking private commissions, so I have a full understanding of not only the artistic acumen required but also the commercial scenario of millinery.
(1 extra day will need to be added during the course for you to do a museum or exhibition visit, either as a group with your peers or on your own)
I look forward to hearing from you and if you have any further queries or would like to discuss the courses please do not hesitate to contact me.