VINTAGE OR CONTEMPORARY FELT OR STRAW HAT MAKING WORKSHOP
I day workshop - can roll over to additional days (Please be aware that completing a finished ready to wear hat you will probably need two days)
- 10am - 4pm
- £90 for a one day workshop (not inclusive of materials, prices start at £20)
This workshop is always a firm favourite...Have fun with felt or straw and block a beautiful hat in a high professional standard. This is open to beginners - advanced
- Monday 26th February 2018 (full)
- Monday 5th March 2018 (full)
- Monday 19th March 2018
- Monday 9th April 2018
- Monday 30th April 2018
- Thursday 10th May 2018
This is your opportunity to delve into my wonderful collection of old and new hat blocks to create a beautifully constructed hat of your own, You will have the choice to make a 1920's cloche, trilby, fedora, bowler or even a top hat, the choice is yours! Hand-blocked in felt to a high standard.
Take a look through my gallery to get inspired by the shapes and colours. I will teach you to creatively finish and trim your hat with petersham ribbon and/or adding feathers if required.
For bookings please call 01386 849173
- Venue: Louise Pocock Millinery, Dragon House, High Street, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6AG
- I supply tea and coffee
- If you require bed and breakfast, I can help you find a suitable place to stay.
To make a hat, there is a price guide below, this includes the felt or straw hood, stiffener, wire, ferrule and ribbon
- Wool felt cone - £20
- Wool felt capeline - £25
- Peachbloom cone - £40
- peachbloom capeline - £45
- Melazine or mohair cone - £40
- melazine or mohair capeline - £45
- Animal fur felt cone - £65
- Animal fur felt capeline - £75
- Straws range in price starting from £20-£45
Individual tuition and group bookings
If you have something specific you would like to learn, Individual private tuition is available for £28 per hour subject to availability and location.
I would be prepared to travel but Student would need to pay additional cost for travel expenses.
I live in a very beautiful part of the Cotswolds and it would be a wonderful opportunity for you and your friends to treat yourselves to a millinery workshop in my local area.
Group Bookings are available (min 2 - 8 people per workshop)
- Workshops can be 1 day or more at £90 each person per day (10am - 4pm)
- There would be an additional materials fee depending on what you are making and how many people are in the group.
- You may need two days to complete a hat like a trilby or fedora so please bear this in mind.
Half day workshops are also available (10am - 1pm or 1pm - 4pm) £55 each person
I can assist with helping to find Bed and Breakfast in the area if you would like to stay overnight.
Please feel free to contact me for further details.
Louise Pocock Millinery, High Street, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, GL55 6AG
Hen Parties, Corporate and Friends
Hat making, Fascinator, vintage inspired feather headpieces, Flower and Corsage Workshops can be designed around your own needs, requirements and time schedule.
They can be arranged by myself locally in the heart of the pretty Cotswolds with refreshments, prosecco and cake or a cream tea with sandwiches if you require.
A professional Photoshoot can also be booked on the day to beautifully capture the fun event.
If you would like to combine the workshop with somewhere to stay, then the Moretons is an ideal location for a trip away to the Cotswolds. It is a perfect location for me to visit you and provide a fun filled creative workshop for you and your friends to enjoy.
The Moretons Vacation Houses specialises in Hen parties, group bookings and weddings.
Nine quality self-catering houses accommodating between 2 and 10, situated on the outskirts of Bredon village in the Cotswolds.
On-sight facilities include two indoor heated swimming pools, sauna, five acres of garden.
website moretonsbredon.com and click on the 'hen parties' tab